It is our goal to provide comfortable, high quality lodging to make your visit to Franklin an enjoyable visit.
To ensure this, we are committed to high standards and policies that will maintain the beauty and integrity of The Cottage on Main Street for all guests.
The Cottage on Main Street Bookings and LEASE AGREEMENT
Terms and Conditions for The Cottage on Main Street, 909 B, Franklin, TN 37064 that must be reviewed, accepted, and agreed to in order to confirm your booking.
THE MAIN HOUSE
- The owners are not involved in the day to day operations of the Cottage. The main house is their private residence. Please do not disturb them, especially at night. In an emergency, please call or text the Manager, Jason Clairmont at 615-509-4418.
- Reservations are required.
- Reservations are accepted by approval only by Jason Clairmont, Manager.
- The full payment of your stay is required to guarantee reservations.
CANCELLATIONS and CHANGES WITHIN 60 DAYS
- We understand that sometimes it is necessary to change or cancel a reservation. All cancellations or reservation changes must be made in writing to Jason@cottageonmainstreet.com. The guest is responsible for verifying that The Cottage on Main Street Lease Agent (Jason Clairmont, Manager) has received a written cancellation notice.
- Full refund less $100 if cancelled outside 60 days with no refund for cancellations inside 60 days.
- Lack of a written cancellation request will confirm that you are in agreement with these policies and understand that violation of these policies will make you financially responsible.
- A two-night minimum stay is required.
“CHECK-IN” OCCUPANCY PROCEDURES
- The cottage is located behind the main residence off West Main Street. There is no traditional “check-in,” per se. Prior to your arrival, you will be given the code for the Cottage front door lock and you are free to make yourself at home in the Cottage.
- You may arrive at the Cottage between the hours of 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Late arrivals are strongly discouraged and require prior arrangement.
- “Checkout” or vacating the Cottage is before 11:00 am on your day of departure. Again, there is no “checkout” per se.
- Please be courteous of incoming guests and cleaning staff by vacating prior to 11:00 am. Checkout time cannot be extended when the house is rented back-to-back (mostly during peak season). Unless agreed otherwise, guests not checked out in time will be charged an additional $50 per hour until checkout is complete. Expanded hours may occasionally be accommodated if pre-arranged and agreed upon in writing.
- When leaving the house, simply push the lock button on the outside of the front door lock.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- While we do everything to ensure comfort and convenience, daily maid service is not provided. If this is critically important to you, inquire with Jason Clairmont as to the possibility of paying an extra charge for daily service.
The Cottage on Main Street is equipped with:
- Cable TV
- Apple TV
- Hair dryer
- Convection oven
- Keurig coffee maker
- 4-slice toaster
- Mini chopper
- Cuisinart ceramic pots and pans
- Dishes, glasses, wineglasses and flatware for 6
- Cooking utensils
- Full size washer and dryer, iron and tabletop ironing board
- High quality bed linens and towels
- Paper towels, napkins and toilet paper
- Dishwasher and laundry detergent
- Trash bags for kitchen trash can
- A Gas Grill is provided for your convenience. Please make sure the gas tank is turned off when you are finished or you will be charged a $50 replacement fee.
No towels, linens, utensils, or other personal property are permitted to be removed from the premises.
- Your reservation and The Cottage on Main Street GUEST/LEASEHOLDER COTTAGE LEASE AGREEMENT bind you to The Cottage for a specific period of time. We will make every effort to correct any problems that arise during your stay in a timely manner. However, there will be no refunds for mechanical failure of nonessential items such as the television, WiFi, washers/dryers, dishwasher, or other non-essential items.
- If there is a significant problem, please notify Jason Clairmont, the property manager, immediately. If the Internet or TV cable service goes down please contact Jason at Jason@cottageonmainstreet.com as soon as possible. We can only attempt to get that back online during daytime hours through our cable/Internet provider.
MAXIMUM GUEST LIMIT AND OCCUPANT POLICY
- The Cottage is limited to four (4) people (one queen bed and two twin/trundle beds); (1) person is allowed for a small additional fee (the large couch can sleep one adult). If occupancy exceeds that represented on the reservation at any time immediate eviction will occur without refund.
- The person signing this agreement must be at least 24 years of age and an occupant of the property all nights reserved unless otherwise agreed in writing by the property manager.
- Children 12 and over are welcome. We’re sorry but the Cottage is not equipped for small children.
- Animals cannot be accommodated, although service animals are allowed. Dogs, cats or other pets are not permitted—NO EXCEPTIONS. Any violation of this policy is cause for immediate termination of tenancy with no refund and full and immediate liability for any additional cleaning necessary and all damages incurred with a $750 cleaning fee.
- The Cottage on Main Street is a smoke-free establishment. Positively NO SMOKING is permitted in the cottage. If you must smoke, please do so in the back yard and deposit any completely extinguished cigarette/cigar butts in the outdoor trash receptacle. If we find that there has been smoking inside the house, a cleaning and air quality fee of $750 will be charged, plus any other costs that may occur to clean up the smoke damage in the home. Smoking paraphernalia must not be deposited inside the house.
- The Cottage is limited to one (1) automobile in a designated spot next to the cottage, but there is ample street parking available. (No vehicles are permitted on the lawn.)
- The Cottage does not have a landline, however, cell/wifi reception is available at the house.
- We are pleased to live in a peaceful community and strive to maintain a good relationship with our neighbors.Noise (including loud music) that can be heard from any other property must cease during the following hours: Friday and Saturday from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am, Sunday through Thursday from 9:00 pm to 8:00 am.Please remember that outside voices do carry throughout the neighborhood and we want to keep our neighbors and friends happy!
DAMAGE/ACCIDENTS TO PROPERTY
- Guest agrees to notify the Manager as to any damages or accidents that occur at The Cottage on Main Street during your rental period.
- If you have a spill or other incident that could cause staining of the carpets, furniture or bed linens, please let Jason know as soon as possible. All damages shall be the responsibility of the Guest/Leaseholder. ALL DAMAGES MUST BE REPORTED PRIOR TO CHECKOUT.
- If damages are discovered upon departure, your credit card will be charged for all repairs and labor.
TRASH and RECYCLING
- Please use trash and recycle bags in kitchen. When full, empty trash into large black trashcan by the main house and recycles into the smaller recycle trashcan.
- In Franklin, recycling does not include glass bottles, or Styrofoam — which includes disposable plates and cups, meat trays, egg cartons, carry-out containers.
- Street trash collection and recycling of Blue Bags occurs on Tuesday.
- Our mowing service arrives on Tuesday morning, usually between 7-7:30 am.
The Cottage on Main Street and its owners are not responsible for errors or omissions on the website or any other form of advertising. Please confirm important details prior to making your reservation or immediately thereafter.